Monday, July 19, 2010

What a Dagg!

Young Israel Dagg shone in this weekends Investecs Tri Nations match against South Africa at Westpac stadium in Wellington.

Daggs usual position is Full Back but as he was running on he was told to play Wing; a position he has never played before or prepared for in training.

Breaking through two attempted South African tackles and powering past a third, Dagg touched down to score one of the All Blacks more remarkable debut tries and earned valuable bonus points to top off a cracking start for the AB's in this series.

"It was my second touch, I touched a high ball then Jimmy [Cowan] gave me the ball and I saw a little hole and tried to get through it. I pulled a little dummy and got through."

"It's pretty blank to be honest. I got through and saw the white line, I was pretty shocked as you can see from the video replay," Dagg said.

Dagg claimed that the game was a career high for him. We all hope to see plenty more from young Issy, as Mils Muliaina affectionately called him in the post match interview.

Nice, keep up the good work boys!

1 comment:

  1. Have to say...one of the best debut tries I have seen!!

    ReplyDelete